Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!  It's hard to believe that 2015 is already here!  2014 was a year of transition for us with welcoming a new baby and my husband having a new job with a much longer commute so I'm hoping 2015 will bring some calm!! Ha!  Anyway I wanted to pop in to share a new memory keeping project that I will be starting today and will continue for 5 years.  I'm sure some of you may have heard of a 5 year journal but for those who haven't I have recently heard about them in blogland but I was not impressed with the Q & A Journal on Amazon that many use.  So when I turned to YouTube and saw some videos of people using my favorite Erin Condren stationary products to create their own journals I was sold!  I set out to make my own.  A quick google search and I came across the blog of Debbie Hodge who so kindly made lists for every month of the year!  So I ordered an Erin Condren notebook, printed out my questions and created my very own 5 year journal.


So what is a 5 year journal anyway?  A 5 year journal is a journal in which every day for 5 years you answer the same question and you will see over the years how your answer changes (or perhaps stays the same).  For example for the next 5 years I will be answering the question of what my number one goal is for the New Year on January 1 for the years 2015-2019.  



I did use some of my own questions when I didn't particularly like the question that was listed.  


I'm excited to start with this type of memory keeping this year as I'm not very good at keeping a journal, but a line a day will be easy for me to keep up with.  I will share more as the year progresses, but for now, I just have January written out and know I want to do some monthly and yearly recaps, however I'm not entirely sure what those will be yet ;)  I wanted to share what I had now so if anyone else is interested you can get yours started today!!  

If anyone is interested in ordering a notebook through Erin Condren please consider using my referral link if you are a first time customer.  It will give you $10 off of your first order! https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/vanessalaurnoff

Until next time!!  Have a Happy New Year and stay tuned for some project life pages soon to come on the blog as I prep my 2014 book for printing!!  Exciting stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment